By now most business owners are aware of the benefits of blogging as a tool for SEO, sales, and customer service. So why aren’t more small businesses taking advantage of it?
As we’ve seen over the years, there are two main reasons people don’t post: one is time and the other is content. The good news is that there are simple solutions to both of these problems. Read our tips below to help you get started with your business blog or revive an old one.
8 Tips to Make Blogging Quick and Easy
- Schedule it into your week or hire someone to blog for you.
- Write about what you know about.
- Give yourself 15-20 minutes a day to work on the blog. Break up the process by outlining the article one day and drafting it the day after.
- Always have someone proofread your articles.
- Incorporate images and videos to make your blogs even more engaging.
- People tend to scan articles first, so write short paragraphs and include sub-headlines and bullet points whenever possible.
- Put the most important information first and then follow-up with details. The reader doesn’t want to go on scavenger hunt to get to the point.
- Schedule topics into a monthly calendar.
If you choose to manage your blog in-house, here are 11 blog starter questions:
- How did your business get started? (People love stories!)
- What’s your best customer service (i.e., case study) story? (This could easily lead to a series of posts)
- Is there a trending general news story that you can weigh in on?
- What topics are trending in your industry? (A Google search can help you figure this out pretty quickly.)
- Is there a holiday coming up that you can tie into your business?
- What is an FAQ that you can easily answer in an article?
- Is there a team member that you can highlight?
- What’s trending in your industry?
- What’s going on in your community?
- Are there any tips related to your product or service that you can share?
- Is there a new product that you can review?
Content marketing can be an extremely rewarding investment by helping your business stay top-of-mind by sharing content that is relevant to your customers. If you’d like to learn more about blogging for your business, contact us for a complimentary consultation.