When creating online marketing content for your brand, you want to make sure that you produce exactly the right image or post to grab the attention of the audience you want to market to. In order to maintain a quality online presence, it’s important to spend the time to make your content valuable and engaging. After all the time you put into creating your content, whether an image, blog post, or video, you should be able to reuse that information as often as necessary to get the most out of your marketing material. This is where repurposing can help you achieve maximum exposure for your posts. If you have a great marketing tool, such as a blog post with timeless, relevant information, you should continue to use that information, but in a different way.
Why Should You Repurpose Marketing Content?Repurposing your valuable content may help you reach a different segment of your target audience that responds better to other methods of communication than your original post. For example, some folks find photos more engaging than text, and vice versa. If you want to reach more people with the same content, you will have to package it differently. Infographics and videos are popular ways of sharing content, and you may reach a broader spectrum of potential clients by repurposing something like a blog post into something more visual.
7 Ways to Repurpose Your Marketing Content
- Blog posts. Turn blogs into: podcasts, infographics, tips newsletters, or videos. Blog posts usually have lots of valuable content that you can repurpose into something more visual, or even into a conversation for something like a podcast. For example, take one of your relevant blog posts from years ago, and create a list of tips that you can insert into a photo for a social media post, then spend 10-15 minutes talking about the topic to publish as a podcast for your online followers.
- Statistics. Use the statistics that apply to your industry or product and turn them into brief tweets, or creatively add them to an Instagram photo for a more visual representation. You can even make statistics into eye-catching infographics that provide value for those researching an industry.
- Videos. Turn your videos into shorter videos. If you want to catch a customer’s attention with a quick teaser, repurpose your longer videos into shorter ones (less than 15 seconds) that you can use as posts on your social media accounts. Use text on the video so that people can watch with the sound low or off as they are scrolling through their feed. Make it as engaging as possible so that your potential customers will be interested in watching more of your original content.
- Podcasts. After you create video, you can convert it to an mp3, which allows you to download the audio. You can then use it as a Podcast.
- SlideShare presentation. Turn the major points of your blog into a SlideShare presentation, which is basically like an online-hosted PowerPoint.
- Post on social media. Most people know to share their blog on social media, but did you know that it’s helpful to share it several times? Space out the timing of the reposts (assuming the information is still relevant), and write new content for the post (what you write to introduce the link).
- Newsletters. Help your content get more mileage by sharing it in an e-newsletter. You can share the entire article, an article teaser, or just the main points.
Repurposing content can happen in many different ways. Think about reposting older content if it is still relevant, or if your topic is trending or popular on social media. Another way to re-engage with older posts is to provide updates of the post if industry information has changed.
If you need help with your social media or marketing content, contact us at Miss Ink. We can help you find the best information to repurpose, and help you find the most engaging ways to reach your best audience.
(2017, May 31). 5 Ways to Repurpose Your Top Social Media Posts and Updates. Retrieved June 02, 2017, from http://www.socialmediatoday.com/social-business/5-ways-repurpose-your-top-social-media-posts-and-updates?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Issue%3A 2017-05-31 Social Media Today Newsletter %5Bissue%3A10535%5D&utm_term=Social Media Today
Marrs, M. (2015, July 10). 11 Genius Ways to Repurpose Content. Retrieved June 02, 2017, from http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2015/02/03/repurposing-content