Facebook recently added the option to tag your products in a post. This is an awesome feature to help build more awareness around the products that your business offers. As of the time of its release, this option is only available for products sold online or hotels and vacation properties.
First things first. Here’s how to add products to your page:
- Go to Business.Facebook.com (If you have not already added your business page to a business account, you’ll need to do that before you can add your products).
- Click on the Business Manager menu in the top left corner.
- Click on the option that says “all tools.”
- Under assets, select “product catalogs.”
- Follow the prompts to name the new product catalog.
- Add a product feed. You can choose whether you want to schedule a recurring upload (you’ll put in a url in the next step) or a single upload (you’ll need a file that’s tab, bar, comma or tilde deliminated.)
Facebook recommends that you use the recurring option and set it to update as often as your online store may need in order to represent inventory accurately (e.g., hourly, daily, weekly).
If you want to see what your current product catalog looks like, go to the products catalog page at any time. You’ll be able to view information such as when the feed was last updated, how many products were added, removed or updated, and more.
Follow these steps to tag a product in your post:
- Click on the status box.
- In the menu of icons (under the text box to the left, but above the publish button), the fourth icon to the right allows you select a product to add your post.
For more tips, click here to visit Facebook’s product catalog information page.
Need more help with your social media marketing? Contact us to learn more about our social media management services.