This is a video recording of me talking you through the process of claiming your local map listing on Google, Yahoo & Bing. Getting in Google Map – Claiming your Local Map Listing on Google, Yahoo and Bing
Below you will find a step-by-step guide for checking, claiming & managing your Local Business Listings on Google.
1. Go to http://www.Google.com/places
2. Click on Create an account or Log-in using your Google Username & Password
3. Enter all of the necessary contact information
4. Then click on “List your business”
5. Enter your phone number so that Google can determine if you already exist in their database
6. If your company comes up, click “Edit” if it doesn’t, click “Add New Listing”
7. Fill in all of the necessary information
- Update Your Company Name to Read “Company Name – Core City + Main Service) – E.G. Heights Roofing – Miami Roofing Contractor” E.G. Reserve Dental Group – Boca Raton Dentist”
- Add your Website Address – This will create an important inbound link
- Upload PHOTOS – AS MANY AS POSSIBLE – Use personal Photos – Pictures of yourself (the owner), Pictures of Your Staff, Pictures of the Office, Pictures of Your Trucks, Your Logo, Coupons, Pictures of your work. People Connect & Resonate With People. Leverage that in your Map Listing
- Upload a Video if you have one (If you don’t – Get one made!)
- List your hours of operation & services offered
8. You will be asked how you want to confirm your listing – via Phone or Postcard.
- ALWAYS CHOOSE PHONE. It is much faster & will ensure that your complete the process
- The Postcard Option takes 2-3 weeks
9. You will receive a call from Google’s automated system immediately. The automated system will provide you with a 5 digit code
- Make sure you or someone is available to answer the Office Line listed in your map listing.
10. Enter that code on the next screen & press “GO” in order to activate your listing
You will see a confirmation page indicating that you have successfully activated your listing.
That’s it! You have completed the 10 steps to claiming & setting up your Google Map listing on Google Places.
Here is what your Google Places Account Admin Area will look like once you are complete:
Here you will be able to edit your listing, add a coupon & check our your Google Places Page Stats
- How many people are pulling up your Google Places Page
- What are they searching to get to you
- How many of them are clicking to your site, etc
Here is what you Google Map Listing will look like on Google once you are Complete
- Look for the “Business Owner Verified” check box in the top right corner
- GET REVIEWS – Getting reviews has been proven to increase placement in the map listing
Feel free to give me a call at 786-325-6761 or shoot me an email at email@example.com if you get stuck or if you have any questions. To learn how to Improve Your Placement on the Google Map click here. You can learn more about my Local SEO Strategies by clicking here.Josh Nelson is an Miami Internet Marketing Consultant that specializes in helping South Florida Businesses (Miami, Fort Lauderdale & West Palm Beach) improve their sales and revenue performance by effectively marketing online via Search Engine Marketing (PPC), Search Engines Optimization (SEO) and other internet platforms.