Instagram just announced that it now is offering embed codes for videos. What the heck does that mean? Basically you can make a video on Instragram and then share it on your website or blog such as the video I posted above.
How to Embed an Instagram Video or Photo on Your Website:
Simply watch the video I posted above or follow this step-by-step guide.
- Login to your web account on Instagram.com.
- Click on your profile so that you see all of your photos and videos.
- Click on the photo or video you want to embed.
- Click on the share button. *Update: The button is now located the right side of the comment field. (It’s the one with the three dots.)
- A window will pop up with the embed code.
- Copy the embed code and add it in the html tab of your blog or website. If you’re not sure how to do this, email the code to your marketing or website representative.
Why Use Instagram Video for Marketing:
Instagram has been very popular for some time now but it really took off when Facebook purchased the app. We’re in the midst of an Instagram craze and with the recent introduction of videos, it seems there’s no stopping it. Whereas previously you could only share photos, the new ability to share 15-second videos has been a huge hit.
What does Instagram video mean for marketers? Before you could give a behind the scenes look at your business with photos, but now with video you can really showcase what’s going on. Restaurants, think videos of daily specials or customer taste test testimonials. Realtors, think of mini virtual tours for that new listing. The possibilities across all industries are endless! What’s really great about Instagram is that there are tons of people already using the service so there’s a built in existing audience. Furthermore, you can optimize videos with hashtags and edit them using the same photo filters we all love.